- Write a bad one.
- Fix it. (This step will take many months, and sometimes years.)
- Cry. (This will happen during points 1. and 2.)
- Finish it, to the best of your ability. Wallow in existential angst wondering if the best of your ability is enough.
- See point 3.
- Bravely send it to beta readers, then fix it some more.
- Get thoroughly sick of it – so sick of it, you just want it off your hands FOREVER.
- Send it to a publisher.
- Get published.
- Go to bed for a week.
I want to thank everyone who has made the launch of my debut novel this week such a success. My publisher Cloud Ink Press, my publicist Karen McMillan from Lighthouse PR, the New Zealand writing community, my friends and family – and you, my readers.
Because of you, I am rejoicing.
Then I’m off to bed.
You can buy my book from the following places:
- All good bookshops throughout New Zealand (if it’s not on the shelves they will order it in for you)
- Amazon (Paperback/Kindle)
- Book Depository (Worldwide)
- Booktopia (AU/NZ)
Also, come follow me on Facebook and Instagram.